Friday, February 14, 2014

Frozen Vodka Slushie

I love a good frozen cocktail and this Frozen Vodka Slushie is simply fantastic!  I love the icy consistency and the bright burst of citrus flavor.  At first I had reservations about making the entire recipe just for myself, but as soon as I tasted it I knew I would have no trouble polishing this off in a matter of days.  This is such a refreshing cocktail and I can definitely see myself making it again when the need arises for a special adult beverage.


Frozen Vodka Slushie
Adapted from Entertaining 
by Donna Hay
Serves 4

1 cup sugar
4 cups water
1-1/2 cups lemon or lime juice
1/2 - 3/4 cup vodka*
Slices of lemon or lime for garnish
*Notes: I used a citrus infused vodka

Place the sugar and water in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil for a minute or two until the sugar dissolves.  Allow the mixture to cool slightly before adding the lemon or lime juice and vodka.  Place the mixture in a shallow container and leave in the freezer for 2 hours.  Stir with a fork and freeze for another 2 hours or until firm.  Break the ice with a fork or blend until smooth and serve with immediately.  Slushie looks pretty served with slices of lemon or lime.

Theme: Raise Your Glass!


11 comments:

  1. I may steal your idea - I love vodka so this would be ideal! Hope you are staying warm and aren't inundated with snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more of a wine drinker but something that icy and citrusy would be very welcome on a hot summer's day.....if we ever have one of those again ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm yum. Seven eleven might have to add an adult section just for these slushies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a refreshing drink--I love tangy/tart drinks and that perfect icy slushie texture. Yum! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim,
    Wow, this look fabulous! I could help you to finish it off! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Kim! We love our cocktails and vodka is one of the few "hard liquors" that I drink. It's almost like a frozen margarita, but no tequila. I'm pinning this one, for those summer months. I can see coming home from a hard day at the office, on a Friday night, and having these ready to go! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love this, Kim. I'm all out of vodka, but it's on the shopping list for the weekend so I can give this a try - exactly my kind of drink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I came to take a look. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Terrific blog and terrific design and style.
    slushy machine hire

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this something worth it. I was surfing to the internet for vodka recipies and here I found yours. I have just tried this Frozen Vodka Slushie and this was excellent. Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vodka drink Vodka Drink is a good drink to have when you want to relax and unwind. The best thing about it is that you can make it at home and serve it either chilled or at room temperature. You can also make it with fresh lime juice or lemon juice, and serve it in a martini glass.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! At the moment I am having a huge problem with spam so I've had to add comment moderation and close off comments to anonymous users. I apologize for the trouble and hope to return my comments to normal shortly.